10 Sure Signs That It’s Time To Find A New Job
So it’s a new year and a new you, right? You've joined the gym, you're eating healthier and you have just about managed to stay out of the pub. You've managed to get your healthy living in order but how are things going in work?
For some, when it’s time to leave a job can be quite clear but for others, it might not be so obvious. Here are 10 signs that your current role is not a fit for you anymore and it’s time to get out:
- You're miserable every morning and dread going into work
- You are constantly stressed, unhappy and thoughts of your work are generally negative
- You carry the stresses of work home with you and all thoughts of work begins to consume your free time
- You no longer believe in your company culture and values
- Your attitude in work is generally negative and your work performance is suffering
- You feel your skills are not being utilised and that your company does not value you
- Any additional duty or task you are given is met with resentment and resistance (by you)
- Your duties have increased but you have not been remunerated to reflect same
- You complain about your job and company to anybody who will listen
- Literally anything sounds better than what you're doing right now!
These, my friends are all warning signs that it’s time to get out! And the bad news is that if you tick yes to the majority of the above then chances are your company will want you out too! Be smart and don't leave things get so bad that things go rapidly downhill and your years of hard work and service has been forgotten and you leave on bad terms. Remember that you need to exit gracefully and on good terms. A good reference will be key to you securing your dream job and banishing those negative thoughts.
Life is too short to be in a role where you feel undervalued or are unhappy. Make 2015 the year you to find your perfect job with the perfect company.