Are you new to the interviewing process?
Is your company/department hiring? Is it your first time being apart of the interviewing process?
Please follow the Do's and Don'ts to allow you to successfully interview your candidates.
- Make sure you schedule enough time for the interview to allow you to get the information you need from the candidate
- Ensure you have a list of the questions that you need answered
- Give them your full attention, avoid looking at your phone or the clock
- Be positive about the company that you work for - give them a reason to want the job
- Make sure you deliver your feedback to the relevant recruiter in a timely fashion - you don't want to lose a candidate because you didn't have the time to give feedback to recruitment
- Don't be late, candidates are usually a little nervous attending an interview as it is, making them sit anxiously in reception for longer than needed will only add to this
- Don't wait until you are sitting in front of the candidate before you read their CV/Resume. It appears you were not prepared or interested to meet them
- Avoid reading emails on your laptop or taking calls - you want them to think they have your undivided attention
- Don't bring someone else along unless the candidate has been informed. This can throw someone very quickly if they are expecting one interviewer and more turn up
- Don't ask illegal/prohibited questions - e.g. Race, age, gender, religion, marital status
If you want more information on interviewing tips or need assistance with your recruitment needs, please don't hesitate to contact me via the details below.