August Employment Monitor | Professional job opportunities fell by 2% in August 2016 compared to July, but were 3% higher than August 2015
21% fewer professional job seekers than the previous year
- There was a 2% drop in the availability of professional jobs in August compared to July 2016.
- Availability of professional job opportunities rose nationally by over 3% in August 2016 compared to the same month last year.
- 21% fewer professionals were looking for roles in August when compared with the same month last year.
- The number of professionals seeking new roles fell by 6% in August compared to July 2016.
- Within Financial Services there was an increase of over 65% in professional job availability when compared with the same month last year and a 62% increase when compared with July 2016.
- The Accountancy and Finance sector had 20% fewer jobs when compared to August 2015, and an almost 40% drop on July 2016, this was primarily driven by seasonal factors.
- There were 4% fewer IT jobs in August 2016 when compared to August 2015.
- Financial services, IT and Pharma continue to remain the most buoyant sectors.