July Employment Monitor | Availability of job opportunities rises by 2.4% compared to June 2016
Number of professionals seeking new roles fell by 2% compared to the previous month.
- Availability of professional job opportunities rose nationally by over 2% in July 2016 compared to June.
- There were 8% fewer professional jobs available compared to July 2015.
- The number of professionals seeking new roles fell by 2% in July, compared to June 2016.
- 19% fewer professionals were looking for roles in July when compared with the same month last year.
- The pharma, medical devices and IT sectors were the top performing sectors in relation to hiring activity this month.
- Within IT, Big Data remains a major driver of jobs activity as technology continues to cross over different areas of business.
- In Financial services, the funds sector experienced a slower start to the year in terms of job opportunities however most recently there is an increased demand from a number of key employers in Dublin looking for talent including Junior and Senior Executive Level Operations personnel in; TA (Transfer Agency), Fund Accounting and Custody, Compliance and Risk.
- Compliance, risk and tax experts are in demand generally within Finance, along with newly qualified accountants. SME organisations, who have greater exposure to the UK market, are taking a more considered approach to hiring accounting and finance staff currently.
- Turkish, Nordic and Dutch were the most in demand languages in July.
Professionals Seeking New Roles