March Employment Monitor | Availability of professional job opportunities remains almost constant in Q1 2016 compared to the same period last year
Number of professional job seekers rises by 4% in Q1 2016 compared to Q1 2015
- The volume of professional job opportunities decreased by less than 1%, in Q1 2016 (36,925) compared to Q1 2015 (37,171).
- The number of professionals seeking new roles increased by 4% this quarter (24,084) compared to the same period in 2015 (23,140).
- IT, Engineering, Supply Chain and Multilingual are the most buoyant sectors to date this year.
- Professional job opportunities increased by 2% in March, compared to February 2016.
- Numbers of professionals seeking new roles was down 1% in March, compared to the previous month.
- In Financial Services, there was a significant uplift in the number of insurance and personal banking roles nationwide.
- Hiring in the Funds sector remains static again this month, reflecting global market uncertainty.
- The pharmaceutical, food and medical devices sectors continue to drive demand for engineering, procurement and production professionals.
- There was a continued requirement for multilingual professionals, with a higher proportion of permanent roles on offer than previously - German, Dutch and Nordic languages were the most sought after.
Professionals Seeking New Roles
For further information please contact:
La Crème are a Morgan McKinley Group Company. The Morgan McKinley Irish Employment Monitor measures the pulse of the Irish professional jobs market by tracking the number of new job vacancies and new candidates within the Republic of Ireland each month. See www.morganmckinley.ie for details.