Are you taking control of your job interview?
The art to completing a successful interview involves taking responsibility, ownership and control of your career path.
Preparation is key, this will give you a distinct edge over the competition. If you are not prepared for an interview, it will be apparent throughout the recruitment process and you will not be successful.
Here are some essential tips;
- When you are invited to interview you need to start preparing straight away. The first question you must ask is, ‘What is the interview process?’ Make sure you do background research on the company and the interviewers. If relevant look them up on LinkedIn. This will show your interest.
- Ensure you have a good firm handshake. This will ooze confidence and professionalism.
- Anticipate likely interview questions and plan your answers using examples. If you feel that you will get nervous, practice your answers in front of a mirror or with a friend.
- Make a good first impression by showing up early and dressed for success.
- An interview can be viewed by some people as one of the most daunting experiences that they have ever undertaken but remember preparation will make this process seamless.
I work in a high volume recruitment environment and time and time again I advise candidates that preparation is key. There is so much competition that if you do not equip yourself with the right interview skills you will not be successful obtaining your dream job.